At the end of the year, we shared our goals for 2022 with you all. In January we shared our simple system of setting a goal plan. We identified the importance of scheduling check-ups to review your progress and make adjustments as required in that goal plan. Today, we are going to share our check-up with you.
Holding yourself accountable is difficult without sharing your goals, successes, and failures with others. Through sharing, we gain support from friends and family and truly commit to our goals. Without sharing our goals with others, we give ourselves an out for why we are not progressing. These excuses become harder when we must admit them to those we cherish.
- Generate a monthly schedule of articles to be developed and published for the remainder of the year.
- Read Atomic Habits by James Clear. My mentors have continually recommended this book to me, but I’ve never taken the time to read it.
- Stretch each morning for 15 minutes.
My goal of generating a monthly schedule of articles to be developed is completed. I had originally intended to write these on a physical calendar with specific articles to be posted on specific days. However, that is not what ended up happening. As I started thinking through each month I started thinking in terms of broad topics to be covered which led to a number of short starts to articles. Now, instead of a schedule I have a sequence for articles to be finished and published. At the end of the day this still supports the overall goal of writing and publishing more this year. Just goes to show you that achieving the end result is more important than how you get there.
This month kicked off my travels for work and I had planned to do a lot of reading on airplanes. This did not end up being the case. Most of my travel has been early morning/late evening and I have spent more time sleeping on airplanes than I had anticipated. That being said, I have only read about half of Atomic Habits by James Clear so far but I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
Much like last month, stretching has been a hard habit for me to adopt. Undoing several years of habits is hard. I have remembered to stretch about 3-4 times per week on average over this past week. I have also found some enjoyment in doing some yoga on the weekends.
Goals for March 2022
- Publish 3-4 articles focused on helping new leaders find success as they start their leadership journey. The first has already been posted!! It can be found here.
- Finish reading Atomic Habits by James Clear.
- Exercise 25 days this month for a minimum of 30 minutes each day. This will be difficult as I continue to travel regularly but I refuse to let that become an excuse.
Re-commit to your 2022 Goals in March!Tweet
In 2022 I aspire to … and have achieved … in the first two months!
As we close out February 2022, we would love to hear about your successes or failures in pursuit of your 2022 resolutions. Connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or on our website. Or leave a comment here.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.